Gateway Chapter of the Missouri Pilots Association
Gateway Meeting October 18th
Speaker: George Andre
George Andre says he is "presently trying to act retired, but continues to be involved in several aero activities." His accomplishments include:
- air racing in the Formula One and Sport Biplane classes.
- U.S. Air Force pilot. Flew fighter aircraft: F-86 Sabre jet and F-101 Voodoo.
- employed at Lockheed Aircraft Corporation as F-104 test pilot in both engineering and production roles. Multiple SR-71 Blackbird duties, including flying the SR-71. Under a Lockheed contract, George also was an engineering test pilot in Europe.
- employed at TWA (1967-94). Several senior flight operations management positions in engineering and safety. Remained an active line pilot and check airman as an international Boeing 767 Captain.
- founded consulting firm, Freebird, Inc. - serving as advisor and expert witness in aviation litigation cases.
- aerobatic flying in Freebird 300 at air shows, including Fair St. Louis.
- Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve, Vietnam combat fighter pilot, graduate of Air War College. Now retired as a Lt. Colonel.
When: Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Where: American Legion - Creve Coeur Memorial Post 397
Dinner: 6:30 P.M.
We meet at Creve Coeur American Legion Post 397, 934 Rue De La Banque Drive, Creve Coeur, MO 63141. The doors open at 6:00 and the buffet line begins at 6:30 followed by the program at 7:30. It is not necessary to dine with us to attend the program at 7:30 p.m. We are a friendly and informal group, and we do ask that you make dinner reservations by the Monday evening preceding the meeting. Cost of the meal is $17.00.
For dinner reservations call Jean Murry at 314-469-3541 or email Donna.Crandell@Staples.com
First Flight: Is your son, daughter, or grandchild interested in aviation? Our Jim Byrnes First Flight Scholarship pays for an introductory flight with an instructor at a Metro St. Louis Airport. Applicant must be at least 16 yrs old and submit a short essay on why they are interested in aviation.
Click Here for last month's newsletter.